You need to use the Cisco AnyConnect VPN software to access file shares while away from the office. Be aware that files may open much slower when you are away from the office. A dialup connect will be particularly slow and you may have a long wait to open a file.
1. Connect to the Cornell VPN using Cisco AnyConnect.
2. Right click on "Computer" and select "Map Network Drive" from the menu.
3. In the the "Map Network Drive" box that pops up, select a drive letter to use.
4. In the "Folder:" field, enter the folder which you would like to connect to. (Note: The Browse button will not work) Some suggested locations are:
This folder name must be exact. So be sure to check your spacing and spelling.
6. Ensure that "Reconnect at logon" is not checked.
7. Click finish and it should map your drive. If you have problems, please double check your spelling. That is the most common problem.