Accessing your homes folder and other file shares while away from the office is a function the VPN client allows for. Some things to consider are that files will open much slower than they will when you are in the office. I also suggest that you do not use this service over a dialup connection or you will be waiting hours to open a single file.
1. Connect to the Humphreys VPN server.
2. Right click on "My Computer" and select "Map Network Drive" from the menu.
3. In the the "Map Network Drive" box that pops up, select a drive letter to use. That choice is up to you.
4. In the "Folder:" field, enter the folder which you would like to connect to. (Note: The Browse button will not work) Some suggested locations are:
\\castor.fcsnet.cornell.edu\Contracts & Capital Projects
This folder name must be exact. So be sure to check your spacing and spelling.
5. Now click on "connect using a different user name". Enter your FCSNET login information as shown. (Note: you must preceed your username with 'FCSNET\') Click OK.
6. Ensure that "Reconnect at logon" is not checked.
7. Click finish and it should map your drive. If you have problems, please double check your spelling. That is the most common problem.